National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
Troop 451 pays 50% of your registration fees for NYLT!
- December 26 – 31 at Sid Richardson
NYLT is considered a pre-requisite for Senior Patrol Leaders (SPLs) in Troop 451. As such, the Troop wants to invest in YOU and will pay 50 % of YOUR registration fee.
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is the premier youth leadership development course for the Boy Scouts of America. It brings together youth leaders from all over the Longhorn Council to learn and apply the skills they need to be effective leaders in their Troop and Crews. This course draws upon the most current leadership models used by corporate America, academic circles, and successful outdoor leadership organizations throughout the country. This exciting and fast-paced training discusses team development and appropriate leadership strategies to enable teams and units to reach their highest performance level. Come experience the ultimate in youth leadership training.
If you are attending as a Scouts BSA youth, you must:
- Be a registered member of a Scout Troop for a period of 6 months prior to the start of the course
- Have earned your 1st Class Rank by the start of the course.
- Be 13 years of age by the first day of the course and have not yet reached your 18th birthday by the last day of the course.
- Have your Scoutmaster’s approval signature, questions initialed and your Parent/Guardian’s approval.
- Be capable of functioning safely and being self reliant in an outdoor environment
- Have completed ILST (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops)
- Have parts A and B of the BSA Medical Form submitted with your application, and have part C submitted to the Course Director no less than 72 hours prior to the start of the course
Important Note: A maximum of 5 Scouts from the same unit may attend the same NYLT course.